Welcome to episode #25 of the Reconnected.me podcast!
You can listen in on The Wellness Couch here. Feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of the episode to let me know what you think and if there’s anyone you’d like me to bring on the show.
It is also available to listen to and download on iTunes here. Make sure to subscribe so you never miss and episode. I would absolutely love it if you were able to leave a rating and review on iTunes as it helps spread these important messages further and brings awareness to more people.
The podcast is also available through any of the apps in this link.
Lyn McLean is an author, educator and business woman with a passion for helping people to live more safely with electromagnetic radiation (EMR).
She has been helping people with EMR-related problems for over 20 years. She ran the EMR Association of Australia for nine years, participating in various government and industry committees on this issue. In 2004, she established EMR Australia PL to provide services and products designed to help people understand and reduce their exposure to this radiation.
Lyn is author of four books on EMR: ‘Watt’s the Buzz?’ (2002), ‘The Force’ (2010), ‘Wireless-Wise Kids’ (2012) and, her new book, ‘Wireless-wise Families’ (September 2017). She has edited a quarterly report (‘EMR and Health’) for over 20 years.
Lyn is committed to helping people understand more about their exposure to wireless radiation. ‘People today are exposed to more radiation than ever before and at a greater range of frequencies, yet most people don’t know what they’re exposed to or what’s exposing them – and this is something I’d like to see change,’ she says. In her new book ‘Wireless-wise Families’, Lyn provides practical suggestions to help people live more safely with wireless radiation.
‘ ”Smart” ’ families are exposed to wireless radiation from “smart” devices,’ Lyn says. ‘ “Wise” families make informed decisions about using wireless technologies safely.’
This may be one of the most important shows I do when it comes to our health. This information applies to all of us.
Could our electronic and wireless devices be detrimental to our health?? In a time where technology has been built into our culture, and for the younger generation is all that is known, it has become extremely important to become aware that, even though there are many upsides to modern technology, it doesn’t come without risks to our health. The health of us, all living beings and our environment (which really are one and the same).
Lyn McLean from EMR Australia is spreading the message of the health effects of electromagnetic radiation from all the devices in our lives, whether it be mobile phones, microwaves, power lines, baby monitors, computers, wi-fi modems, lights, electrical wiring in our homes and more.
It is by no means about getting rid of our devices and disengaging from the world. Instead, the underlying message here is safe, responsible and smart use of technology to minimise exposure and therefore also minimising risks to our health.
In this episode we discuss:
- Electromagnetic fields from nature vs man-made artificial electromagnetic fields from our devices
- Sources of electromagnetic fields (EMF), electromagnetic radiation (EMR) and wireless frequencies
- Health effects of exposure to electromagnetic radiation
- How to minimise exposure and use our devices as safely as possible
- Children and technology
- So much more!
Some quick and simple tips for smart use to minimise EMR exposure…. There are many more discussed in this episode, so check it out to find out why and how!
- Avoid carrying mobile phones on the body or near the head – use speaker phone, hands-free and flight mode where possible.
- Avoid sleeping with the phone next to the head or under the pillow. Best practice is to not sleep with any electronics in the bedroom. If one must have a phone in the room, consider using flight mode so that the wi-fi and radiation are not emitted from the device.
- Turn off the wi-fi modem when not in use, and especially at night when sleeping
To get a copy of Lyn’s new book, “Wireless-Wise Families”, you can head to this link.
Find Lyn at:
Sign up on the website to the EMR Australia newsletter for free to receive up to date information on all things EMR and EMF.
Mentioned in the show:
- Wireless-Wise Families book – Lyn McLean
- The Force book – Lyn McLean
- Wireless-Wise Kids book – Lyn McLean
- Dr Robert O. Becker
- Devra Davis – Environmental Health Trust – This website is a great resource and includes links to all of the scientific research on these issues