Welcome to episode #33 of the Reconnected.me podcast!
You can listen in on The Wellness Couch here. Feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of the episode to let me know what you think and if there’s anyone you’d like me to bring on the show.
It is also available to listen to and download on iTunes here. Make sure to subscribe so you never miss and episode. I would absolutely love it if you were able to leave a rating and review on iTunes as it helps spread these important messages further and brings awareness to more people.
The podcast is also available through any of the apps in this link.
Imogen Bailey is an accomplished actress, artist and birth, end of life and women’s wellness doula. Imogen is widely regarded as a passionate, creative Australian personality. Throughout her extensive journey from marketing to stage and screen, and then on to advocate, doula and women’s group facilitator and trainer, a passion for the human experience has remained the undercurrent throughout all of her work.
Imogen’s breadth of knowledge and experience compliments her integrity and empathy, offering a depth and maturity to her work.
An episode from the archives!
My guest this week is the wonderful Imogen Bailey from Honouring Heart.
At a time in human history where we see a shift towards health, wellness, ourselves, each other, community and what it is to be human, going back to traditional wisdom and ways of living enables us to reconnect with our nature.
Sacred women’s circles and gatherings are a part of this traditional wisdom and are making their way back into our culture; a seemingly lost part of our heritage that really honours the tribal part of our nature. Women’s circles are an ancient ritual. Women (and communities) have been gathering in circle for many thousands of years, to be together, share wisdom and stories and empower each other in a focused and attentive way.
In this episode we discuss:
- The life purpose concept of “jackhammers” and “hummingbirds” (as discussed in Elizabeth Gilbert’s Super Soul Sunday talk – The Curiosity-Driven life – see below link)
- Sacred women’s circles (and non-specific gender gatherings as a way to connect, support and be with community)
- The art of holding space
- Birth and end of life doulas. What are they? Why are they important?
- Lots more!
To find out more about circle facilitation training, women’s circles and workshops with Imogen, check out www.honouringheart.com
Mentioned in the show:
- Elizabeth Gilbert talk – Flight of the Hummingbird – The Curiosity-Driven Life
- Women Who Run with the Wolves book – Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- A New Earth book – Eckhart Tolle
- Australian Doula College
- Helen Callanan – Preparing the Way