Welcome to episode #28 of the Reconnected.me podcast!
You can listen in on The Wellness Couch here. Feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of the episode to let me know what you think and if there’s anyone you’d like me to bring on the show.
It is also available to listen to and download on iTunes here. Make sure to subscribe so you never miss and episode. I would absolutely love it if you were able to leave a rating and review on iTunes as it helps spread these important messages further and brings awareness to more people.
The podcast is also available through any of the apps in this link.
What does dental health have to do with breathing, sleep, gut health, the structure of our feet and our overall health….? A lot actually. The state of a person’s dental health is a good indication of overall health. The human body is a whole system that is intimately connected and each part of the whole affects everything else.
This week’s guests, Holistic Dentists Dr Louis and Susan Chan from My Dental Care and the TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre, have a holistic view of health that includes looking at nutrition, sleep, movement, gut health and many other facets of lifestyle, in addition to looking at underlying causes of health complaints seen in many of their patients. We cover quite a lot in this episode, including the following:
- What is Holistic Dentistry?
- How breathing influences our Microbiome, our body’s structural health and overall health
- What’s with mercury, fluoride and root canals?
- The sleep, dental health and gut health connection
- Plenty more!
Find Susan and Louis at:
Mentioned in the show:
- A Quirky Journey podcast – Sleep Nutrition with Lucy Lichtenstein (Part 1)
- A Quirky Journey podcast – Sleep Nutrition with Lucy Lichtenstein (Part 2)
- Weston A. Price – Nutrition and Physical Degeneration book